The picture I left you with yesterday was SFC Parham. He is one BAMF. We have a pretty good time here. He makes me laugh and I try to do the same. I believe this picture was taken in the midst of pilfering through numerous demanding emails from our bosses. Sometimes we'll get an email stating they need a document yesterday... well why didn't you ask yesterday? We quickly learned that if they don't get it right away nothing really happens, some people like to convey their since of urgency with rash words and tones. The bottom line is they will wait until you give it too them. You may get yelled at or something but who cares. I, oddly enough, enjoy getting yelled at from time to time. I've become immune to it and sometimes it is quite humorous. It's really funny when you get yelled at via e-mail. That is the primary means of communication over here. Everyone has an outlook account and all day it's reply, forward, cc, bcc, delete, compose, download, upload and send. I quickly learned a lesson about ccing... I'm not going to tell that story.
Well it's saturday here, but might as well be a monday. You know that movie "Groundhog Day"? That is what it is like here. Wake up, piss, shave, get dressed, come to work, report the same shit everyday, flirt with the command cell girls, eat lunch, nap (if I have time), answer emails, play guitar, eat, play guitar, watch TV, work out, watch TV, call someone, shower and go to bed. Everyday the same thing. But to tell the truth I love it. I haven't had a set routine in my life since high school would be my guess. It makes it easier to plan.
Here is the workout Austin and I did last night. Short and Sweet but "HARD AS F*CK"
27AUG2011 - 3 Bars of DEATH
Strength: Bench Press @ BW (185# for me, 205# for Austin)
Hang Clean @ 135#
Deadlift @ 187# (damn metric system)
Sets - 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 = 55 Total Reps in 25 minutes.
Durability: 200 4ct flutter kicks.
I'm sore today.
I have another fairly funny story... LT Spencer (Austin) is here at VA as I think I have already stated. Anyway, we were talking with CPT Hill (another 160th guy) in the gym about our hair. We were talking about our hair, not the way women do, because it's borderline out of Army regulation. The regs state something (I'm not real sure because I haven't read them) about length and tapered apperance and all this BS. So most army people just shave it or keep it really short. The main reason is so that don't catch any shit from some DB Sergeant Major. Background on Sergeants Major (SM)... SM is a do nothing job. Well they wouldn't have you believe that. They are the senior enlisted advisor to the commander, wether is be battalion, regiment, brigade or division commander. They don't write policies or regulations. But they feel it is their duty to inforce and little rule or regulation under the fuckin sun. It's not that people are afraid of SM it's just that they don't want to hear it. It's just a pain in ass dealing with them, they've been in the army forever and they are crusty and bitter because they've made it too the top of the food chain but still have LTs, Captains and Majors that don't have to listen to them. I can understand their pain, but have no sympathy. I diegress. CPT Hill told Austin that the Battalion SM called him a shitbag. When CPT Hill asked why, he said because of his hair. Can you believe that? Just because someones hair is longer than yours does not make them a shitbag. Austin is within regulation... his hair isn't touching his ears nor his collar and it has tapered apperance. Austin was PISSED. It helped with his work out, I could tell he was furious by the way he was throwin weights around. Austin said he was going to say something next time he saw him... I pray to God I'm there. The sweet icing on the shit cake was the very next day Austin had to brief two Major Generals (2-Star) about his RPAT mission here. Straight from the mouth of one of those generals... "I hope every other 2LT in the 160th is like you". BOOM! Suck on that SM. I had a badass picture but it wouldn't load. Later
No comments:
Post a Comment