Saturday, September 3, 2011

Officer and a Gentleman

Wow, so not a lot has been going one for the past couple of days.  The Dining Facility's (DFAC) food is becoming exponentially less appetizing.  It's always 4 different types of chicken and then either beef, pork or fish (mystery fish) and then a starch or two with some vegetables here and there.  The only good thing the DFAC has and I'm not tired of yet... is yogurt.  They have this badass yogurt in all different flavors.  My favorite is probably "Peach Melba", I don't have any idea what "Melba" is but it's delicious.  They don't always have that flavor so I have to settle for Kiwi, Pineapple, Apricot or Strawberry... They are all pretty good but I think Peach Melba is legit.  I've managed to stay away from the desert bar most days.  They have cake, ice cream and milkshakes every day!  You could definitely develop Type II Diabetes here, no problem.  The best ice cream is the Pralines and Cream.  It's awesome.



What this place needs is a smoothie bar.  Especially by the gym.  If they had protein smoothies with a bunch of other goodies in there they would make a killing!  People would go there for a meal and they would go there after workouts it's a for sure money maker.  I don't know why someplace like Jamba Juice hasn't hit the government up yet.  If they had one of those on every military installation it would be huge!  All the food options here suck.  McDonald's, Panda Express, Pizza Inn, Auntie Anne's... I mean come on Auntie Anne's!  Who likes pretzels that much.  They are just empty calories smothered with sodium and synthetic cheese sauce.  Awful...  The pizza place sucks too.  I haven't tried it but I can just tell.  Pre-made/pre-formed pizza dough about 3/4" thick = nasty. 



Yesterday I had to go to Camp Beuhring to redispatch our NTV.  P was suppose to go with me but Austin volunteered so he could get away for a while.  He and I left about 1100.  We went and did what we had to do got some signature or what not.  Anyway our last stop was with this Staff Sergeant, we had to get his signature on something... I don't really pay attention to all the paperwork there is so much of it.  Well he wasn't there, the schedule on the door said they would open back up at 1300, but it was 1302.  There was a phone number on the door for "emergencies only" so I called it.  I told him what I needed and he sounded a little irritated but he was only a couple minutes away.  After he looked at the paperwork he said "you know this is a rental, right?".  I told him no, I just know I need something to get from Camp Virginia to Camp Beuhring and back once a week.  He said, "well you were only suppose to have this for a day, but I'll go ahead and give you another 2 weeks".  I said, "whatever... just as long as I can get back to VA."  So he signed it and Austin and I were about to leave, and he pointed at a book and said sign-in please.



Austin - What is this... a guest registry?

Me - Looks like it...  We had a great time!

Austin - Yes, we are going to refer this place to all our friends!

Me - Laughing... and writing down my name

Austin - You have to try the strawberry scones... they're delicious!

Me - SSG (dudes name... I forgot it already) makes the best mimosas, you must have one!

On and on



This continued out the door and into the car.  I don't think the other guy thought it was very funny but he wasn't very pleasant anyway.  Some people around here do not have a sense of humor.  This dude was all business the whole time.  Some of these people need to realize ITS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL! 



After that little detour Austin I went to the Battery HQ (headquarters).  I was told some shit was going down so we wanted to see what the deal was.  Apparently our DABN (Dumb A Battalion) thinks we don't have enough to do.  So, they want us to train on M119A2 Howitzers!  The same howitzers we have at home.  The same howitzers these guys have shot before, the same howitzers I shot in Field Artillery School for 5 1/2 months.  And in all honestly we REALLY don't do a whole lot, but we still have a mission.  It doesn't matter if our mission was to sit on top of Mt. Everest and look for alien space ships, if you're doing something other than that you failed your mission.  Even though you'll probably never see an alien spaceship... that is still your mission.  We our QRF for Kuwait and we will more the likely never even load a magazine in our weapon let alone fire a round... but it's still our mission.  If something where to happen and we are out shooting artillery we can't do our job.  This DABN's idea ontop of all the people they took away for the ARPAT mission and the other BS details.  It's silly and I'm done talking about it. 

Here is what Austin and I did at the gym last night. 

2SEP2011 - Area 51

5 rounds 1 minute each exercise.. as many reps as possible in that minute.

Clean with Barbell @ 135#

Glute/Hamstring Development Sit-ups          

I did this many reps per set respectively 11/20, 10/20, 11/20, 9/18, 8/16

It was a good little workout. 

I leave you with a picture of Master P.



No comments:

Post a Comment