Speaking of gay DADT (Don't Ask Don't Tell) ended yesterday. As much as I don't care it will still be a dark day in the history of this country. A lot of people are all bent out of shape about it but I look at it positively... more gay dudes = more women for me! "Stars and Stripes" is a daily newspaper available to deployed locations... and I'm assuming back in the states as well. The front page picture was a Navy Lieutenant (O-3 rank) in the midst of nuptials with a his life partner. They seemed very happy... I find it ironic because the Navy catches so much flack about gay sailors and then... boom! Front page.
New subject and story... There are not many options for peeps and poops on Camp Virginia. You have the standard sized porta-potty that actual has a porcelain toilet and small porcelain urinal in the corner, a larger porta-potty with the same set-up with the addition of a sink and mirror and finally there is one air conditioned trailer with about 7 toilets in it... this is the best option. The first two options are neither lit nor air conditioned. Sometimes time and location does not permit the most viable option. So you have to suck it up and use one of the less desirable options. The standard porta-potty is the worst by far. I found myself in there one evening in the dark and sweating. I can handle both of those but I go to pull my pants up once I completed the task and the front door is all of 8-10 inches from my face. There is not enough room to lean forward grab my pants and pull them up. Oh no... you have to lean to the side. Remember what was in the corner though. Yup the urinal. I'm not the most flexible person so I have to lean fairly far forward to get a hold of my pants. I slowly leaned forward held my breath and grabbed at my shorts. I missed the first time so I came back up for a "fresh" breath of air. I went back down and look over to see the urinal about 4 inches from my face. The smell of piss and moth balls burnt my eyes. I didn't even know that was possible. It is. I'm lucky there was enough light to see the urinal or else I could have made direct contact. Now I either hold it and sweat it out, or head to the trailer of thrones daily for preventative measures.
Austin and I did a little workout this evening after playing toss with our new found gloves. It was like Christmas in September. It totally made the day better after the whole PD thing because we thought we lost them or someone stole them.
21 SEP 2011 - Spice
Squats
Reps - Weight
12 - 135#
12 - 185#
10 - 205#
8 - 225#
5 - 225# x 4 sets
In between sets of Squats we did push-ups 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 Reps
Then some Calf Exercise.
| Actually really nice inside. They play the Starbucks music and everything. |
No comments:
Post a Comment