June 24th, 2009
It is 7:39 and I just finished seeing the Doc (Maj. Ford). She said that after she examined me yesterday it sounded like I had Pneumonia. She called for a chest x-ray and blood work. I had to come back today to get the results. NO PNEUMONIA! YEA! But I do have bronchitis…boo. I have 7 prescriptions to take! I should be set for the rest of BCT with all this stuff. I feel about 85% better today.
16:47 – IV DAY!! I had an opportunity to practice on a dummy arm. We got paired off by who we were sitting next to, I am really happy with my partner (Kaufman). He has some nice big veins! I let him go first and he did great. He had a little help since I had an IV yesterday when I went to see the doctor, so he just stuck my right above that mark. Anyway we only got about 10 drops of a Lactated Ringer (An electrolyte IV solution). There were a couple of guys that stuck arteries! A few that went all the way through the vein and a bunch that just missed. So God was watching out for me, because Kaufman got it right the first time. After I was done we switched and I was the sticker. I was confident, I didn’t shake or anything, cause my guys vein looked like a garden hose! So I am now a Combat Life Saver!
Tomorrow we have another obstacle course. It should be fun I guess. But we start shooting on Monday!! That should be cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment