Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Hey, what's up? It's Wednesday and so far it hasn't been too bad. We've done a lot of PT, but that's a good thing. This Friday we do the Pugil, which is the fight with the padded sticks (like gladiators). So, I think that will be pretty cool. Saturday we are doing the confidence tower. It's the 30 ft tower that we repel down. It should be pretty fun. The hardest part right now is dealing with all the dumb asses. Everyone is trying to be a leader when they're really just being pricks. We have too many chiefs and not enough indians. Oh well, though, I just do what I'm told and keep going.
I found out that to get a 300 on my PT test (perfect score) I need to do 80 sit-ups in 2 minutes, 75 push-ups in 2 minutes and run 2 miles in <13 minutes. We ran 2 miles the other day and my time was 15 minutes, so I think I can shave 2 minutes off in 8 weeks. My push-ups was 48 in 1 minute, so I need to work on that cause I was pretty much burnt out and no matter how much time I had, I couldn't do any more. I really need to work on my sit-ups too.
I can't wait to qualify with my rifle. I think I'll do really good. We got our rifles issued like the second day and we have to always have it with us... Always! Except when we use the restroom or go to church. It really sucks carrying it around. It's cumbersome cause we have our rifle and our 2 quart canteen on us all the time. We didn't get Camelbaks like I thought we would've. Oh, well. I don't know if it has to do with the training sight, because I know some people that went through Basic got Camelbaks issued.
I heard that Ft. Knox is one of the hardest training sites too. Ft. Benning, Georgia is supposed to be the toughest. We aren't getting smoked as much as the other platoons, but when we mess up, sometimes we have to write essays. Those really suck cause it takes up our personal time. So far I've written a 500 word Bio on myself, a 500 word essay on the importance of a full canteen, a 1000 word essay on being on time and a 250 word essay on equipment accountability. None of them were my fault except the last one, because I left my gas mask in the classroom on accident. I would much rather do PT than write essays. The essays suck, so hopefully we won't have to do anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment