Thursday, June 11, 2009
We had classes on land navigation. I thought it was interesting, but a bunch of people were falling asleep. So, we had to go outside and do PT. That sucked cause it's really humid. I'm actually at the table in the caf. We just ate and it started pouring rain, so we're waiting it out.
Well, we're back at the barracks now, but the power is out. We're just sitting in the main bay, so I have some time to write. It's really hot right now cause there is no A/C.
Anyways, I was really disappointed last night because we didn't get our mail. Someone asked Drill Sergeant about mail and they don't like that, so they didn't give it to us. Major Bummer! But we'll get letters tonight for the past 2 days.
Tomorrow we do the Pugil sticks (the big Q-Tip looking thing). That should be pretty fun. I don't think I told you, but there are 60 guys in our platoon. There are 3 platoons in our company (Alpha company). Anyway, each platoon has 4 squads of 15 guys... 15x4=60. Each squad had a leader. The whole platoon has one leader... he's called the platoon guide. There is also an assistant platoon guide (APG). The platoon guide is PG. There is also a scribe. The scribe updates the schedule and fireguard roster and writes anything the DS (Drill Sergeant) needs written. There is also a house mouse. The house mouse keeps all the toilet paper, cleaners, soap, etc. stocked up. I'm actually the scribe right now. It's okay. I would like to be the PG or a squad leader. The PG is a pretty big responsibility. A couple of people have screwed it up already. I would like to wait until we're all settled in and people know what to do without being told. Squad leader would be alright, too. I thought they would base it off of rank and age, but they don't. They just pick who they think the leaders are. They'll see that I would be the best leader soon. I'm not gonna sweat it, though. It's just Basic Training; I just want to get through it. I don't know if I want to take on the extra stress. It may not be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment