June 19th, 2009
I was part of the Change of Command Ceremony. It was about 40 minutes long, but we had to stand at attention and Parade Rest the entire time. My feet were throbbing and they went numb. We had to keep our head and eyes straight forward, that was really hard. It was pretty cool though...here were alot of Colonels, Lieutenant Colonels, Generals, and other "important" people.
Tomorrow is the gas chamber and confidence course. It’s going to be a jam packed day, but it should be fun. Hopefully it isn’t too hot!
I’m still enjoying being PG. It’s just hard for some of the guys to accept my orders, which is understandable. But anything I say usually comes from the Drill Sergeant, so if they don’t obey me they are disobeying the DS’s orders which could result in a Uniform Code of Military Justice violation…not good. I definitely don’t abuse my power, but I really hate when people don’t listen to me. I think they are all coming around, because I’m so much better than the last PG.
Two of our guys got kicked out and restarted with a different company. We are in Alpha Comp. and they went to Hotel Comp. So we get two different guys today. I haven’t had a chance to feel them out yet but they look like they’ll be alright. We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment