Monday, June 22, 2009

I wanna come home...

Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's 9:43 and we had a rehearsal for the change of command ceremony that some of us will be in tomorrow. Right now we are in a classroom, and we are going to practice the Army song. I'm falling asleep so that's why I'm writing. When I write, it wakes me up. This going to bed at 22:00 and getting up at 4:00 sucks ass. I'm always trying to stay awake. I don't know if I'll get used to 5-6 hours of sleep a night or not.

There's been rumor of being able to go home between Basic and AIT, and catching a connecting flight. I hope that's the case, but I have no idea. I'm going to hope for the best and expect the worst.

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't do this. It'll be all good when I graduate, but right now I just want to be home. I also want to get stationed with a medical unit instead of that infantry unit.

12:35... We just had some lunch, it was good. I had 2 chocolate chip cookies and chocolate milk. It was delicious. They've been out of ranch dressing lately, so I've been using cottage cheese. It's not too bad, a little bland, but I still put cottage cheese on it. It's good that way.

22:23...I got 2 letters and 2 cards from my wife tonight! I also got 1 letter and a card from my parents. I had to do 35 push-ups, but it was worth it. When we get mail, 3 letters = 25 push-ups and each additional letter is 5 push-ups. But it's worth it! Anyway, I better get some shut eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment