Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Friday, June 12, 2009

Well, we had the Pugil competition this afternoon. It was pretty fun. We had our platoon divided into weight groups, and we fought each other. I went against a guy that was like 30. I kicked his ass. He made me look good. After we all fought, the 3 platoons came together and we had a battle royale. My team thought I looked the best for our weight group, so they picked me to represent the platoon. Yeah! But I got my ass kicked. Oh well. He ended up winning it all. He was younger, faster, and stronger. I may of not been the best in my squad, but oh well. It was still fun. Tomorrow should be pretty fun... we have the confidence tower. We're gonna repel down it and stuff.

We did a 3 kilometer road march. We had to march with our ACU's on, a rifle, a Kevlar helmet, and a bullet proof vest. It sucked cause the pace was pretty fast. I was sweating like a pig. The helmet and vest don't let your body breath at all. 3k isn't very far. It's only 1.86 miles. We have to do a 5k, 7k, 10k, and 12k in the future. Some of those we will have more gear on. We were issued a rucksack (bad ass backpack), sleeping bag, and some other stuff. So we'll actually go camping and stuff. But I'll get in better marching shape as time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment