June 20th, 2009
It's 6:50 and we are getting ready to leave for the confidence course. After that we are going to the gas chamber. Its tear gas and I'm not sure how long we will have to stay in there.
18:25 - We are done with the confidence course, it wasn't too bad. Actually it was a lot of fun, but the whole time I was just worn out and lethargic. I got some lunch and pepped up a little. At about 14:00 we did the Gas Chamber. It sucked. I hated it. Any part of your skin that was exposed burned the entire time. We had gas masks on when we went in so everything except what was covered on our face burned like fire. It was intense. We went in and stood against the wall. We had to do a couple of things to make sure our masks were sealed…like run in place. We were in there for about 2 minutes. We also had to break the seal on our mask and let gas fill it. Then we cleared the mask and sealed it back up. After that we had about 20 to 30 seconds left in the chamber…we ha to remove our mask and store it in our holder. It did everything I could not to breathe it in, but we were in there too long and I had to take a breath. My face was on FIRE! I took a deep breath and then my lungs lit up too! I started coughing and spitting. Snot was running out of my nose. I thought we were never going to get out of there.
Finally, they pushed us out and we had to walk around these cones in a circle with our eyes open and our arms flapping up and down. AND we actually had to say “eyes open, arms flappin’”! My throat and lungs still hurt, probably just from coughing so hard! It cleared me up though…I can breathe through my nose pretty well now! I hope I never have to do that again.
No comments:
Post a Comment