Thursday, June 18, 2009

Getting a Promotion!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Right now it 09:41 and we're out at the repel tower site. There's freaking 180 of us, so it's gonna take forever before I get to go. It'll be no big deal, because we did this in Mexico. It'll be pretty fun though. My body hurts from everything. I'm pretty sore. I'm looking forward to tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow is Sunday, so we have church and tonight we get an extra 30 minutes for soldier's time. Anyway, we're just sitting here in the grass waiting to go down the tower. We're sitting leaned against each other like on Forrest Gump, were Bubba says "Hey, Forrest. You lean up against me and I'll lean right back, and we'll sit here and keep our heads out of the mud."

I wish we got mail on Saturdays, but we don't ... if I have anything come in, I'll have to wait til Monday to get it. My parents sent me some magazine clippings. The DS (drill sergeant) didn't check my mail, so I could have kept them. But I took em to DS and he said "way to have integrity." So I'm just gonna do everything I possibly can to do stuff right and I'll be good and the DS will stay out of my grill.

15:08... We're back at the barracks. Today blew ass. It was lame, hot, stupid, hot and uncomfortable. Oh, well. I'm not sure if I'm losing any weight yet because I've been eating so much. The food is alright here. I try to eat good, but I pretty much always get dessert. If I could get like double mean and stuff like that, I would... but I can't.

We're petitioning to get some guys kicked out of the platoon, but I don't know how that is going to work. I'm just trying to stay out of it. It's 3 black guys that just mess up all the time. So, we'll see what's gonna happen. There's a lot of drama; I hate it.

21:41... Well, a lot has happened since my last entry. Our Platoon Guide got fired. I think I told you what a PG was, but he is the leader for the whole platoon. It's a pretty big responsibility. Well, I was appointed PG this afternoon. It was a surprise. We've been through 2 PG's already, so hopefully I can hold the position for the entire time. That would look good for me as I apply to PA school and stuff.


Sunday, June 14, 2009

10:35... I'm at church right now, so I figured I would continue to write whenever I get chances. It was pretty awesome this morning... I went to bible study at 0700 and it goes to 0800. The preacher talked about leading a platoon! It was like the craziest coincidence ever. I listened to what he had to say, because he's a retired sergeant major. After the study I went up and introduced myself and told him I was appointed PG yesterday. And I said I really enjoyed the sermon; it was as if the whole subject was tailored to my current situation. I know it wasn't, but I also know God works in mysterious ways. He said "Oh my, I'm gonna pray for you." Cause he used to be a drill sergeant also, so he knows what is expected of a PG. He took my name down and said he would pray for me! I thought that was pretty awesome. There is NO WAY I can fail. I will do all that I can to do my best and lead this platoon for the next 7 1/2 weeks on to graduation.

1 comment: