July 2, 2009
We are at another range today. Our weapons are grouped and zeroed so we are at a range with pop-up targets. They are just man shaped silhouettes. The targets are 100 yards, 200 yards, and 300 yards away. It’s a little more fun to watch and it shouldn’t take too long cause everyone just gets 40 rounds.
I just got called out to shoot and I did pretty good. I got 38/40, but I should have had 40/40. I shot over the closest target twice!! I was 20/20 on the 200 yard target and 10/10 on the 300 yard target. Half of the shots were prone supported (with sandbags) and the other half was prone unsupported (without sandbags). So I was pretty proud of myself. If only I could have hit those two ‘easy’ ones! I’ll just have to do better when I qualify.
We clean our weapon every time we shoot them. They are pretty old and worn out, but I guess they still work good if I shot like that today.
No comments:
Post a Comment