Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Last night was the most fun since I've been here. We had a rubber band fight in the bay. It was a blast! I couldn't do stuff like that when I was PG. Just being a regular Joe isn't too bad. I'm a lot more relaxed. Well, today has sucked. It's been raining since 0500 this morning and hasn't stopped. It's now 12:46. We went out in ACU's, full rain gear, elbow and knee pads, LBV, IBA, and Kevlar helmet. I felt like a package all bubble wrapped and protected. Luckily, it was nice and cool today. I still did some sweating, but it could have been worse. We marched to the MOUT site for some training. So, we were out in the rain for 4+ hours before they called and we marched back sopping wet. We have good wet weather gear, but we aren't authorized to use our hoods. How gay is that? It's like a house with a hole in the roof. Everything we learned we already went over in RSP back home, so wet & boring. You notice how I like to bitch. It wasn't that bad; it's just a pain to dry out all our gear.
Brooks & Dunn is going to be here in 3 days. DS has never said that we aren't going, but we probably aren't. I would take a phone call over the concert, but it would be pretty cool to go to the concert.
For lunch we have these mobile meals. It's food from the DFAC brought out to training in hot boxes. They suck ass. Cause we go through in line and they usually have 2 choices, but you don't get to choose. Like yesterday we had roast beef or Italian sausage. So one guy gets beef, the next guy gets sausage... back and forth, down the line. But it's usually one good thing and one crappy choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment