July 13, 2009
Today was actually really fun. We did buddy team live fire. We moved on a range with targets and walls and stuff to hide behind. We worked as a team and moved down the course with live rounds shooting at targets. At the end we got to unload our M-16 using burst instead of semi. Burst shoots 3 rounds every time you pull the trigger. We ran through 2 magazines of 30 really quick. It was tiring because we did it in all our IBA, LBV, Elbow and Knee pads, and Kevlar. And it was HOT today. So by the time we made it down the 300M course I was tired!
Tomorrow we are getting fitted for our Class A Dress Uniform. It will probably suck, but it will be an easy day.
Chow has sucked lately. At the beginning of my cycle we were the only company that used the DFAC. Now there are 8 companies using it! I don’t know if it’s temporary or not. It sucks because I always eat last in our Platoon since I’m the PG. I don’t mind but sometimes most of the good stuff is gone and I get stuck with whatever is leftover. We’ve only had one MRE since we’ve been here and we had to turn in the M & M’s and Skittles and stuff!
I’ve gotten quite a few letters from lots of people. I like getting letters from people and it’s good to know that they are all doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment