Thursday, July 30, 2009

Heading to the FOB

Saturday, July 25, 2009

We're packing our gear for the FOB (forward operating base). We step out tomorrow morning @ 0300. We'll arrive at the FOB just in time for breakfast. We don't get an A/C tent, though. Cots we do get, Yea!

15:30... Well, I got interrupted by some breifings. We're done packing now. Me and my battle buddy (Morell) had to pack a bunch of stuff into one duffel that they'll thruck out there. Our rucks are actually packed pretty lihgt for the march. We took our armor plates out and put them in our duffel... 15-20lbs easily per set.

We just had a mission brief. They (DS) presented it like a real live mission. I hope the FOB is cool. I want it to go by fast. We won't get to shower for 4 days. We don't get A/C tents either, so it's going to be extra hard to stay fresh. I do only have about 1/8" of hair though. That makes it easy.

This morning we had our blue phase (final) APFT. We did push-ups and sit-ups @ 0500, then it started raining. I and some other people had to finish sit-ups inside. We had to let it subside before we could go run. That really sucked because we went to chow in that time period. I tried to eat light, but we went and ran about 30-45 minutes afterwards. I started cramping the last lap. It sucked. I did okay, but I didn't imporve my time. I got a 13:48 and I got a 13:45 last test (last Monday). My push-ups improved from 55-61, but my sit-ups decreased from 65-62 for some reason. Oh, well. I passed with lots of breathing room. I got all of AIT to get a >220. My final Basic PT score is 251/300. I heard that at AIT we do PT 4 days a week and the other 3 we are allotted 2 hours every morning to do it on our own. That will be pretty cool. If that's the case, I plan on eating better and getting in top shape at AIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment