Friday, July 3, 2009
It's Friday & the 4th is tomorrow. We are supposed to do something fun tomorrow, but I don't know yet. There's been rumors of movies and phone calls and stuff like that, but there is no telling. You can't believe anything any of these guys say. Even if it comes from the DS's mouth because stuff changes.
Well, on with what's happening. We've still just been shooting all week. Today we went back to the video game shooting thing, and we practiced the type of shooting we will be doing to qualify. I think we qualify like Thursday, so we'll go to the range every day next week to shoot. I think tomorrow (the 4th) and Sunday will be pretty easy for us. (We got some cake today for some reason!!!)
16:25... We're just hanging out in the bay. We have a beam hit system which is that laser target thing. Anyway, I'm in charge of it so I don't really have to do a whole lot; it gives me a chance to write. I got to march the platoon back from church last Sunday. It was pretty cool. I did some cadences and I actually made one up that pertained to church!
It's pretty sad; some of the guys here have gotten 'Dear John' letters. A guy got one last night and the chick cut him out of all the pics and sent him the pics. She's only 16, though, and the guy is 18, so it's some high school drama. But that would suck to be at Basic and get something like that not being able to do anything about it.
The time here is going by pretty fast. We only have like 33 days left or something. Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment