Friday, July 24, 2009
It's 0730 and we are cramped in some uncomfortable bleachers waiting for a brief about the range we're at. Luckily, I'm in the shade; some guys are staring into the sun cause we're facing east. We are at a convoy live fire range. It's pretty dangerous because... live ammo, moving vehicle, dumbasses, etc... It sucks cause we have full battle rattle on with our chokers on our IBA (the throat protector).
13:39... Well, we're done with the exercise, we are in the shade waiting on buses to take us back. We were suppose to be here til 20:00 for some reason. I'm glad we won't be. That would suck. Especially with the final PT test tomorrow. We did the convoy live fire course once through with blanks. 12 of us at a time got on a deuce and a 1/2 (big cattle truck). And sat on benches in the truck that faced outward. When a target popped up, we shot it. That's about it, really. We got to use burst again, which was pretty cool. It's kinda bittersweet. We actually stayed pretty busy this morning, so there wasn't a lot of sitting around, but anything we do here, if it came down to doing that particular exercise or being at home, I could rather be home. Unless it was riding in a helicopter or jet. I can't wait to ride in a helicopter.
No comments:
Post a Comment