Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lots of Food and Little Fitness

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We're in a class (brief) about IED's. Well, they appointed another PG. I like the guy they picked. He's cool. The platoon is already acting up, though. A couple of guys said they are going to start a petition to get me back. It probably won't do any good. I'm not too worried... I'll just ride the train and get outta here.

You'd be disappointed with my diet. I've been eating french toast, a doughnut every now and again, cereal, fruit, applesauce, bread with PB & honey on it, then bacon and eggs (but that's okay). But I've still lost weight. If I could choose my diet, I would be freakin ripped. I don't want to eat all those carbs (I like it) but I can't pick and choose, I can just pick what's available and I'm so hungry when chow comes around. The MRE's are especially all carbed up. Luckily, I'm using up all the energy that I'm taking in.

I'm pretty happy about the fat I've lost. It feels good to do well on the PT test as well. I heard AIT is pretty tough as far as PT goes. Rumor has it, there is a 50% fail rate mainly contributed to PT. Hopefully I'll be able to eat a little better so I can shave some more fat. We haven't done near enough PT. I'm surprised we've only done PT 2 maybe 3 times a week since we've been here. Pretty weak, I know. I guess the weight I've lost has been from constantly going and the road marches. Those burn some calories for sure.

I'm actually having a good day. It's kind of nice not having any responsibility. I've just been hanging out doing what I need to do. Every time I hear "PG" called (which is about 250 times a day), I just hang out. I'm not happy I lost my job, but it's not the end of the world. I prayed about it last night, and God helped me realize that this is not that important. Just getting home is the most important thing. I definitely don't want to be PG @ AIT. I'm going to focus on my grades. It would bode well for me when applying for iPAP. I don't know if I told you, but my AIT gives me 14 cred hours... so that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment