Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Misery, Agony, and Heartbreak

July 1, 2009

We are at the range again today. Everyone is zeroing in their rifles so they are dead on. I just finished zeroing my rifle…I shot pretty good. We will be at the range a lot for the next week and few days, and then we qualify on the 9th of July. We get to throw grenades on the 11th.

We basically march everwhere. So by the time we are ready to do the 15K road march we will all be in marching shape. There are three hills here and they have names: Misery, Agony, and Heartbreak. We have to march over them. They are the biggest hills of all the Basic Training sites. I heard that the final 15K march is with a 60 lb Ruck Sack. But the biggest pain is carrying the rifle!

It’s another nice day…there is a cool breeze and it’s overcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment