Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"When are you gonna get fired?!"

June 30, 2009

I got 10 letters last night! I had to do 100 pushups, but it was so worth it!

Today is our first day of live fire! It’s pretty cool to actually do something. We each got 5 magazines with 5 rounds each…the goal was to get all 5 rounds in a 4cm circle at 25 yards. If you did that you grouped. It didn’t matter where you hit on the target so long as all 5 were in a tight group. After that you adjust your sights to the middle of the target. It’s kind of boring because it’s 20 minutes of fun and 5 hours of boredom. At least we are in the shade on some bleachers this time.

We marched here this morning with our Body Armor, Load Bearing Vest, Kevlar Helmet, and about a 20 lb. Ruck Sack. The march was only 5K so it wasn’t too bad. We stepped out at 0500 (EARLY!) but that’s good cause it was cooler. It’s actually a nice day today.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the 5th week. A couple of more days and we will be halfway done! YEAH!

It’s kinda funny, the other platoons have been through a lot of PG’s and the guys I know from the other platoons are like, “How long have you been PG?!” and, “When are you gonna get fired?!”. I’m like never!! It’s a tough job but I like the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment