Sunday, July 26, 2009

PG no more... sigh

Monday, July 20, 2009

Today was our Advanced Physical Fitness Test (APFT) for transition from white to blue phase. I did a lot better than I did last time because I'm not sick like I was last time. I got 55 push-ups in 2 minutes (6 better than last test). 65 sit-ups in 2 minutes (twice as good as last time). My run was 2 miles in 13:45! My first run was 15:08 and my second was 15:22 (cause I was sick). So that's quite an improvement. How its graded, I got a 77% on push-ups, an 80% on sit-ups, and 91% on my run. It's broken down by age group and gender. 100% for push-ups in my age and gender group is 75 reps, for situps its 80 reps, and a 13:00 2-mile. My goal is to get >90% in every even so I can get a PT badge. The thing is though, our schedule is all screwed up so we have to take the final APFT Saturday (25th) and that's the final one to graduate basic. No doubt I'll pass but it's always good to have good scores. The minimum to get out of Basic is only 50%. To get out of AIT, the Army standard is 60%.

Today sucks! We aren't doing much of anything. We had the APFT this morning then 15 guys went to clean the weapons we shot this last week and after lunch a different 15 will go finish up. So the rest of the platoon is here at the barracks twiddling their thumbs. What really sucks is we're trying to take care of pay and financial issues. This means I hear my name called every 30 seconds followed by a question which is 85% of the time a stupid one. Ah, only 17 days left!

12:51... Well, I was just relieved of my PG position. I messed up real bad. I had a negligent discharge. Before we enter buildings, we go to the clearing barrel and clear our weapon. We were issued 5 blank rounds and I forgot to drop my magazine. I chambered a round and shot it in the clearing barrel. I'm not sure what my final punishment will be. The DS's are going to talk it over. I'm like really upset. I'm about to cry. I told the DS that is here and he said 'well, you're obviously fired'. He said he was going to submit me for the "Abrams Award." Some distinguished award or something. It's not even that. It's just everyone knows me in the whole company and now whenever they want to know why I'm not PC anymore, I'm gonna have to tell them the stupid reason that I lost my position. Hopefully they'll have some mercy on me, but I also don't want to be treated any different than anyone else. Today sucks! I'm sorry. I feel like I've failed everyone. I only had 16 days left and I would've been home free. I'm afraid to think of who they'll get to replace me. I think some of the guys are going to petition to keep me as PG... but we'll see.

Well, it's 21:28 and there is no news. DS said I'm acting PG for now. Some of the guys seem to think they won't fire me but they seemed pretty upset. I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just pray and leave it to God. If I'm done, I'll just ride out the last 16 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment